Tuesday 8 May 2012

Normal service…

… will be resumed when spring birding actually starts and we get some halfway decent weather!

Since returning from Finland and Norway, I’ve been pretty busy with work, but the birding I have managed to squeeze in hasn’t generally set the world on fire. I know one or two people (hi Dave!) have noticed the lack of blog activity, though, so here’s a few recent photos. To start with, some rather soft / distant / hazy record shots of some scarcities – Black-winged Stilts, a Wryneck (my first in spring, after 16 autumn birds!), and a Hoopoe, respectively:

stiltswryneckhoopoe

… followed by a snippet of lovely Snowdonian scenery (singing Wood Warbler, Pied Fly, Redstart and Tree Pipit were all just behind me)…

snowdonia

… and finally (at last) one of the few vaguely worthwhile bird photos I’ve taken in the last month!

swallow1

No comments: