Sunday 2 August 2009

Rainham and Elmley

To compensate for yesterday's splurge of text without any picture, here are some photos from today, and I'll shut up! (I know what my audience wants, and it's not me talking!)

Edit - actually, having just checked the blog's statistics, it appears that what people really want right now is "Great Spotted Cuckoo Weybourne photos", or, more bizarrely, "Green Turacos for sale". Now there's a market I never thought of targeting. Hmmm.....


There were loads of warblers around the cordite store at Rainham, particularly young Chiffchaffs. This one was presumably sunbathing, stretching its wings for several seconds at a time...

At Elmley, the waders were rather disappointing, though this Common Sandpiper came quite close. At one point it actually sat down on an island in the shade of a tall plant... it was pretty warm and humid down there!


But this was definitely the star of the show...

No comments: